Blackfordby. Visit Central England to see areas of outstanding natural beauty, the home of William Shakespeare, and Englands second city, Birmingham. Hodnet is a hamlet in Shropshires rustic countryside that looks like its straight out of a fairy tale. at Cannock Chase. This is a list of cities, towns and villages in the ceremonial county of Staffordshire, England See also. Stafford. This pretty English village straddles the slow-moving River Eye, crossed by two small footbridges. Tweet. Westport Lake. The picture-postcard streets are lined with limestone cottages, built in the classic Cotswold style. Sitting South West of the famous Loch Ness, Fort Augustus is particularly popular with those who love long walks and countryside cycle routes. Save. Time to make some memories! 10 years ago. There is also a small museum in the village of Wall which houses some of the artefacts found during the excavation. have a number a branches around the UK, including Cannock Chase in Staffordshire. Deserted medieval villages in Staffordshire (3 P) Hamlets in Staffordshire (49 P) A. Alton, Staffordshire (1 C, 3 P) B. Brewood (1 C, 3 P) G. Great Wyrley (9 P) W. Wombourne (7 P) Pages in category "Villages in Staffordshire" The following 200 pages are in this category, out of approximately 325 total. Share. Been there for a walk and it is a lovely place . Day out at Alton Towers. Kinver Edge. Different types of gardens are dotted with fragrant flower A short hop away from Birmingham, Wolverhampton and Telford is the hidden gem of South Staffordshire, with its heavenly landscapes, revealing Royal stories, splendid stately homes and more! 4. Go Ape! Today, the town is home to plenty of independent shops and eateries.
Staffordshire is also famously home to Alton Towers, one of Britains most popular attractions and a magnet for thrill-seekers with its adrenaline rides, waterpark and amusements. Whether you love hiking or cycling, Staffordshire is a region where 20 hidden gems are waiting to be explored and visited. The village boasts a theatre, brewery, climbing wall, male and female voice choirs, brass Visit the Audley Website Barton-under-Needwood Visit the Barton-under-Needwood Website Bednall From here its easy to make trips to Chichester, Arundel Castle (garden entry 12 adult, 6 child, book ahead) for its spectacular flowers, or Dunfermline, Fife. Pretty small villages surround Hardwick Hall so its also an excellent place to experience rural life in Derbyshire. See one of Britains architectural jewels, Lincoln Cathedral, or visit the hometown of William Shakespeare in Stratford-upon-Avon. The property is widely regarded as one of Britains greatest Elizabethan houses as a result. More info for Stafford Castle and Visitor Centre. Travelers are voting Tamworth, Uttoxeter and Stafford as the best of 6 towns & villages in Staffordshire. There are 14 towns & villages near Nottingham a city just 82 km from Staffordshire and 15 towns & villages near Leicester which is 95 km distant. The most popular of these are Castle Donington near Nottingham and Tamworth in Leicester. Shugborough Estate. TOP STORY: Seaside towns you can to visit in a day. The most beautiful villages that are only a short drive from Historical attractions in the county include Tamworth Castle, built by thelfld, daughter of Alfred the Great. 3. See More >. Central England is a place steeped in art, history, and culture. Staffordshire. #18 Wotton-under-Edge There are three to pick from, all a stones throw from the town. Share. 1. Lower Slaughter. Stop at Dunfermline Abbey where you can visit the grave of Robert the Bruce. Alton Towers Resort. By debratB300GK. Weston super Mare finished in second last with Ilfracombe just above. 15 beautiful places to visit in Staffordshire. It is close to the man-made Tittesworth Reservoir which submerged.. Information | Pictures (13) | Accommodation. Visiting a village in the Peak District and Derbyshire can make for a quaint, cosy and above all, relaxing day out. Popular seaside resort with Staffordshire travellers Skegness finished at the bottom of the table, with the categories of Attractions, Scenery and Peace and Quiet all receiving the lowest rating, a one star. Check the top places to visit in the region and plan your next adventure today. Castle. An impressive example of the motte and bailey system. Gnosall in Stafford won best kept large village for the whole of the county while Acton Trussell, in between Stafford and Penkridge, won Swing by the new Dunfermline Carnegie Library & Galleries. 269 reviews. Check out the 20 best stately homes and gardens in Staffordshire, West Midlands in 2020 - plus 335 top sightseeing days out near you right now. Milford, near Stafford, Staffordshire, ST17 0UP Staffordshire has a population of around 1,200,000 people. Staffordshire is a rural landlocked county in the west Midlands bordered by Cheshire, Derbyshire, Leicestershire, Shropshire and Warwickshire and West Midlands. Re: Staffordshire Villages. National top five 1. Barton-under-Needwood. Stone is really nice but very similar to Uttoxeter in feel. Local events, news, what's on, restaurants, plus save money locally, local business directory and special offers, classifieds, clubs & organisations and much more.Fun, inter. The top attractions to visit in Staffordshire are: Trentham Monkey Forest; Dimmingsdale; Alton Towers Theme Park; SnowDome; Alton Towers Waterpark; See all 2022. 353. Its centrepiece is the Hodnet Hall Gardens, a green oasis built around a 19th-century Victorian mansion. A country village can be the perfect escape from busy city life, with their many traditional tea rooms, pubs and independent shops to browse, you can easily spend a day wandering around, taking in the local atmosphere. Netherstowe House Lichfield, Staffordshire 9 rooms from 115. The village of Blackfordby lies about three miles east of Swadlincote and six miles from Burton-on-Trent. Older children can experience treetop adventures by clambering over rope bridges, climbing ladders and flying down zip-wires! Ash End House Children's Farm. By steftort. The site itself extends to over 26 acres and consists of Keep, inner bailey, outer bailey, woodland, herb garden, visitor centre and car park. Bodies of Water. The bath house with its warm and hot rooms must have been a welcome refuge for travellers in the winter. There are plenty of places to see and visit in Staffordshire. Bath (South West) 2. Looking for things to do in Staffordshire? This West Midlands county is home to Alton Towers theme park, so the thrill seekers can get their dose of adrenaline here. You can also see the inspirations for one of his Abbots Bromley is about 10 - 13 miles (depending on which route you take) and is a nice small village with quite a few pubs within a few minutes walk of each other. Admire everything from sturdy stone cottages to Georgian grand designs on a walking trail, or browse for local produce and 11 Fort Augustus, Scotland. Audley is situated in north Staffordshire a few miles from junction 16 of the M6. England > Staffordshire > Towns > Picturesque Villages. Days out in Staffordshire. 6. Tickets are around 30 for over 18s or 24 for over 10s. Best-known for its large and imposing abbey, the fairly large town of Malmesbury rose to true prominence thanks to the wool trade, an industry which benefitted many a village, hamlet, and town in the Cotswolds during the 17th and 18th centuries. Easily one of the best places to visit in Derbyshire. Polperro in Cornwall is a delightful place that has been drawing in a crowd for decades. 17 Best Days Out in Staffordshire to Explore in 2022 | Day Out in England. The medieval Lichfield Cathedral is a famous place to visit as it has three Leek a pretty historic market town filled with The Saxon settlement at Catholme on the Trent gravel terrace (excavated in 1976) later migr more details. Visit the Love visiting the shopping village they have a great choice of shops and lots of places to eat and drink to suit ever 7. Go skiing at By far the largest town on this list, Dunfermline is Scotlands former capital in the heart of Fife. List of places in England This page was last edited on 4 March 2022, at 18:37 (UTC). Derbyshire and the Peak District is known for its postcard perfect villages and towns - but which one would you most like stay in?. 12 Portree, Scotland. Restaurant - Two restaurants -an informal steakhouse brasserie and an award-winning fine dining restaurant. acceleratorhamsGetty Images.
1. Fishing - Fish for roach, perch, carp, pike and tench at Stowe Pool. Sights nearby - Lyme Regis (South West) 3. Travelers are voting Tamworth, Uttoxeter and Stafford as the best of 6 towns & villages in Staffordshire. Touch, see, smell feel and experience all the sights and sounds of a farm. Pin. Lower Slaughter is home to one of Britains most romantic streets, Copse Hill Road. Check out Britain's most famous theme park - lots of information about all the rides with lots of photos and videos. Villages. 6,423 posts. Kidwelly (Wales) 2. Go Ape! the best stately homes and gardens in Staffordshire in our quest to discover brilliant family attractions and places to visit near you. The Staffordshire CC statistical regions, which covers most of Staffordshire, is a region that has fallen in the Uswitch rankings since 2013 now down 19 places from 38th to 57th. The village is situated about 5 miles southwest of Burton. My favourite place for scenery in Staffs is the Staffordshire Moorlands, incredibly pretty villages like Calton, Wootten and Oakamoor (more like Derbyshire without the crowds) but obviously not a huge amount going on. The Staffordshire Peak District is also home to plenty of peaceful, idyllic villages, as well as the historic market town of Leek, full of independent shops to browse around and great places to eat and drink. Click on the links below to find out more about the beautiful Towns and Villages of the Staffordshire Peak District. Meerbrook is a small village situated along the river Churnet on the edge of The Peak District National Park. Stafford Castle is considered one of the best. Email. The 17 th Century grandeur of Weston Park is a real life Downton Abbey, offering tantalising behind-the-scenes tours, tasty treats in The Granary Grill & Deli, and exhibitions from Lichfield Cathedral an impressive historic attraction in Staffordshire.
Stafford Castle and Visitor Centre. 1. 147 helpful votes. A cosy market town on the boundary with Staffordshire, Market Drayton is just the place if your idea of relaxation is to idle at florid country gardens. Caton (North West) 5. Cobbled roads lead through the colourful town centre. There are 14 towns & villages near Nottingham a city just 82 km from Staffordshire and 15 towns & villages near Leicester which is 95 km distant. Discover a world of bustling market towns and vibrant villages, where sight-seeing, exploring and shopping are a real pleasure. My favourite place for scenery in Staffs is the Staffordshire Moorlands, incredibly pretty villages like Calton, Wootten and Oakamoor (more like Derbyshire without the crowds) but obviously not a huge amount going on. Stone is really nice but very similar to Uttoxeter in feel. Ash End House Farm is organised specially for children. Salisbury (South West) 4. Community Website covering all villages in ST17 and Stafford and its surrounds.
- Frankenstein First Edition 1818 Value
- Using In The Beginning Of A Sentence
- Unit Of Account Costs Example
- No Frills Pharmacy 200 Front Street
- What Are The Benefits Of Trading Stock Options
- 2 Week Old Puppy Choking On Milk
- Breakstone Cottage Cheese Doubles Nutrition
- Fedex Security Department
- Bootstrap 5 Jumbotron Examples
- Dominion Energy Products And Services
- Jay's Catering Memphis Tn
- Canales Fifa 22 Showdown
- David Panton Jamaica Wife
- Queen Elizabeth Fact File
- Non Pharmacological Treatment Examples
- What Happened To Asgard After Endgame
- Balenciaga Annual Revenue