Smooth YouTube Downloader basically allows you to search and download videos from YouTube in different formats and qualities, including MP3.
The App was tested on Topaz (Touch Diamond 2) WVGA Windows Mobile 6.5, but it should work fine on other devices.
- A working Windows Mobile 5, 6, 6.5.
- .NET Compact Framework 3.5.
- Shows thumbnails in the search results.
- Ability to download multiple videos at the same time.
- Ability to pause/resume downloads after you exit and run the application again.
- A very nice UI and cool transitions between different screens of the app.
- Ability to expand search results.
- Ability to choose video format/quality including mp3.
- Improved QVGA screens support.
- Ability to switch between full screen and normal mode.
- Ability to copy download URL.
- Supports keeping the device awake while downloads are running, so the WiFi connection is not lost.
- Supports installing extensions to support any other video site.
- Supports Themes.
- Supports Searching/Downloading from DailyMotion.com.
- Supports Searching/Downloading from Current.com.
- Open YouTube videos with CorePlayer, TCPMP or any other application you specify.
- Ability to Shorten URLs on Copy/Open (for using with CorePlayer which doesn't support long URLs).
Advanced Hidden Settings:
Some settings cannot be set in the UI, so you can get to those settings by editing the XML file created in the Application directory, after saving settings of the application for the first time.
To understand the options available, read the file SYTDSettings_SAMPLE.xml which you can find in the application installation directory.
ONLY for CorePlayer Users:
To Shorten URLs on Copy/Open, download the zip file found here, and copy the file "WassimK.URLY.dll" to the directory specified in SYTDSettings.xml.
More information here.
If you like this project, please consider donate to the developer.