iContact is a simple contacts applications for your Windows Mobile device which will help you scroll your contact list in iPhone style by sliding down your finger in the screen! It's really amazing and if you get used to it iContact could be one of your everyday apps.
The app is very basic, it only lists contacts in scrollable list. Use it for accessing your contacts by scrolling the list with fingers, similar to iPhone. Just tap, drag and release.
To select a contact, just tap and release, and standard contact details dialog should appear.
The source code could be downloaded here or its mirror here.
- Simple favorites management. Sliding a contact from left to right brings a plus sign. It's a little tricky at first, but i got used to it. Tapping on the plus sign tags a contact as favorite. If the contact is already favorite, you can unfavorite it (does that word exist?) Pushing "Right" on the D-pad brings the favorites window. Pushing "Left" brings "all contacts" window.
- "mobile" and "work" numbers have "sms" option. Tapping it will bring new sms window.
- "email" option works if you have configured email account, and have it entered in iContact settings file.
- D-pad navigation is fully supported in contact details. Left key brings you back to contact list, while Right key brings you "new sms dialog" if currently selected number has sms option.
- settings.ini file has been added. It must reside in the same directory as iContact.exe. You can setup your email account in there and you can also setup strings used throughout the app ("mobile", "sms", "ABC" etc ...)
- Other small fixes
- iContact should now be visible in task managers.
- Added application icon.
- Alphabet grid can be shown by clicking on ABC button. It stays shown until letter is selected, or you tap on an empty space.
- Little bit more usefull "Details" screen.
This version should fix a bug or two, but may introduce some as well. It should fix the most obvious bug with contact name length. It also introduces a way to look into contact details. But is merely a test and isn't very usable at the moment. Tapping on the contact name will open standard pocket outlook contact details. Have fun.
There are few changes and they're all very obvious, so, have fun.
- App is now known as "iContact".
- Main changes would be landscape fix.
- WM2003 support.
***** [Oct 23, 2008] by Daisy using htc mogul 6800
Works perfect on my PPC 6800 on Windows 6.1. I downloaded it right to my device with no intallation problems... 2 thumbs up!
***** [Jun 12, 2008] by Vader using xv6900
I just installed it on the device (I can choose either storage card, or on the device) anyways... after I installed it... and I rebooted the phone... and it just works right at my soft key where it says contact... hope it works good for you guys too... Oh btw. I have the icontact v0.72.
***** [Apr 8, 2008] by Kyle using HTC Touch
Works great on my touch. Does the author have a website? I tried googling.
***** [Mar 8, 2008] by CJC using Imate jam
Awesome. For those of you who want to program it to a button all you have to do is use file explorer to copy it to the AppButtons folder under Windows. then it should show up in the options to link to it using HButton.
**** [Feb 15, 2008] by Coolcarrot using MDA Compact III with WM5
Great app and the only improvemnts I can suggest are:
1. Ability to show at least the three main number categories - i.e. Work, Home and Mobile instead of just private GSM and home phone.
2. Soft-key activation would also be good but I have managed to circumvent this by using HButton 2.2 (http://www.freewareppc.com/utilities/hbutton.shtml)another fantastic and great app for those who are have the hardkey issue.
3. Finally, being able to just drag your finger up or down to auto-scroll would be a fantastic improvement especially if like me you have lots of contacts.
But thanks for a great app anyway.
** [Feb 12, 2008] by spanky using Att 8125
I like the app but have problems getting the contact to load to the dailer after choosing the contact. The softkey option would be nice too.
**** [Dec 10, 2007] by Jorge using htc p3300
Hi I've got a p3300 working on wm5, and the program works, the scroll is really nice, but I can't phone touching the contact selected, and if I touch the phone button, then the phone don't take my contact. Can anyone help me? email@example.com
PS. to read the contacts just save it as contact from your phone card to your ppc.
**** [Dec 1, 2007] by Gary using HP 6515
Nice program but can anyone email me at Garysiphone@gmail.com and let me know how to set as a soft button or how to get to show in my program files Please ???
*** [Nov 17, 2007] by Roy using Mogul ppc6800
I like the app a lot but it leaks memory really badly. If you use it several times it will eventually slow it to a crawl. I would probably love it if that was fixed.
**** [Nov 15, 2007] by **spaceMonkey** using XDA Orbit
It looks great and would be very useful to find contacts quickly with one hand,however by the time it takes to open the program (using 2 hands)you'd have been quicker using the default "contacts". If someone could post instuctions of making it the default program on the "contacts" soft key, then it would be more than a "look what my phone can do" program.
***** [Nov 14, 2007] by jumar t using sprint pcs pocket pc 6800 mogul
The app is great! But how do I switch my contact setting to that one? If any ony know please email me firstname.lastname@example.org thanks.
***** [Nov 14, 2007] by Clive using O2 Zinc
Very nice... highly recommended... Works great on my WM6 upgraded O2 zinc.
***** [Sep 30, 2007] by Aravind using Eten X500
This is what WM6 is missing or any other smart phone is missing. Just one hand operation to make a call rather than using stylus or keyboard. Wonderful.
*** [Sep 18, 2007] by guywithaquestion using UTStarcom 6700
I have a verizon XV6700 also known as UTStarcom 6700 and when I copy the zip into my phone, I am only able to run it from there. How do I get it to stay on a softkey button. Thanks.
***** [Sep 10, 2007] by kerniekern using tmobile wing
This application is the best!!! Its just like the iphone. U must download this application: thanks!!
Write a review